Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MILK-NOT-SHAKIN-MAMA!!

What to do? What to do? Callie is eating more and I am milk-shakin less. What are contributors to low milk supply? Could it be...
1. Not getting enough calories/day? CHECK
2. Not getting enough sleep/night? CHECK
3. Stress at work? CHECK CHECK CHECK
4. Not being able to pump in peace @ work? CHECK
5. Working too long hours? CHECK
All these are wonderful suggestions. I would love to say that I can change any of these components...however....
1. Chipping away at the frozen reserves....CHECK
2. Telling myself I am giving it my all....CHECK
3. Pumping after every feeding at home....CHECK
4. Friends/family telling me I gave it my all...CHECK
5. Trying to snack more throughout the day...CHECK
Wouldnt it be wonderful to just be someone's personal organizer so that I could take breaks when I need to, carry Callie around with me, enjoy the sunshine, make it to the beach for a change, write in my journal, catch up on reading, have dinner ready at night, make it to the grocery store with planned meals in hand, visit friends and so much more..

You know...EVERYTHING....a mom dreams about....

Oh, gotta go pump, Fussy McFusserton won't take the breast due to kicking and flailing (tried gas drops and snuggling and cuddling and laying her down for beddy-by)...so might as well make a bottle for tomorrow....with any luck I won't have to thaw yet another Golden Nugget for tomorrows daycare buffet!

tata for now, more from CC tomorrow...tonight she is having none of this blogging stuff....

SHE JUST WON'T HAVE IT!!!

XOXOX MAMA MILK SHAKE

2 comments:

Kingston's Mom said...

If you find that perfect job that doesn't require $45 in daycare, let me know! There's gotta be something like that out there. . .

GABE, ASHLEY, SADIE AND OF COURSE ME, CC THE STAR! said...

Is 45 a day????? Oh my! Anymore than 3 days and Kingston can go to Callie's school...I'll keep you posted on that perfect job....but don't hold your breath!!!