Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finally In the Groove











Occassionally, I get one of those outfits that just makes me giggle! This is one. The Pooh shirt didn't come with it, just the leopard ensemble. I really do think it is stinkin cute though. I do have to admit, I really love the trim on the pants. I cannot say that a big person can pull this off as easily, so I will just have to keep my matching outfit in the closet. ; ) This was taken at Memaw and Peepaw Great's over Thanksgiving in Illinois...yep her first road trip. It was fabulous seeing them meet their 22nd or so grand/great grandchild. Memaw tried to feed her a spoon of stuffing that was the size of her face! She opted out and had turkey milk and dressing milk instead. Memories! Oh, the trip...yeah, it took us 26 hours to get there. We stopped about every 2 hours to eat and freshen the diaper. Flying was not an option with all the stuff we had to take. She was a dream. Slept as long as the car was moving. Crazy, I know, but it really wasnt much different from our routine at home. I just didn't get my walk in and lunch was in a cooler or drive through instead of fridge. She was able to stretch her legs when we stopped and got some quality snuggle time in when Grandma Millie walked around. Wouldn't think of doing it with a screaming toddler, but a sleeping baby....no problemo. Daddy gave her the first bottle of pumped milk before we left to see if that would work, just in case we couldn't find a safe well lit rest area to feed at 2:30 am. She took it like a champ. I think at this stage, the way she tries to eat my knee, shirt, and anything coming within inches of her face she is stoked just that something comes out of that new fun thing! Bouncy seat...lets just say best investment ever....it has let to all sorts of new advances. Her laughing and talking while flaying legs and arms; her sitting at just the optimal pooping angle (easier than lying down for her....you try lying down while pooping...it aint pretty); me taking a shower (daddy's personal favorite) and giving my arms a rest. Well, I promise not to be so deliquent on next post. It takes me a while to get into the groove. Until next time, groove on yourself!

1 comment:

Rendy said...

If you and your family are up for a road trip of that length you can do anything! Congratulations! I know that the "Greats" loved having you with them. Keep making those memories together!